[KL] My K2000 isn't happy w/ SCSI2SD v6
jeremy.m.johnson@gmail.com [KurzList]
2018-11-21 06:26:00 UTC
Anyone have SCSI2SD v6 working w/ a K2000? I've found posts of folks using v6 with later Kurzweil models, but haven't yet come across a K2000.

My K2k can see the virtual drives, however any SCSI disk operation on the drive causes the K2k to reboot, then I can no longer access DISK until a power cycle.

K2k is freshly upgraded to v3.84. SCSI2SD firmware is 6.2.1. Drive images are 2 GB or less, FAT-16. No SCSI ID collision. Tried most all combination of settings in the SCSI2SD configuration. SCSI2SD is terminated, K2000 is not, tried with and without external SCSI termination. Tried 2 SCSI cables...and pretty much everything else I could think of.

I'm wondering if there's something up w/ my K2000, or if perhaps SCSI2SD v6 just isn't compatible. This working for anyone else? Maybe I need to downgrade to v5.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jacob Vosmaer contact@jacobvosmaer.nl [KurzList]
Jeremy
jeremy.m.johnson@gmail.com [KurzList]
2018-11-26 00:27:27 UTC
Thanks, Jacob. That's encouraging. Or, perhaps not as it suggests there might be an issue with my log mothballed K2000 rather then a SCSI2SD v6 incompatibility. If I might throw a few questions at you:

Did you remove the SCSI termination resistor in your K2000? Did you use the default SCSI2SD parameters? Could you share what version of the SCSI2SD firmware and K2000 OS you are using?

Thanks!
Jeremy