[KL] Seeking help w a mostly-dead K2000
nelsonj@sce.com [KurzList]
2018-07-26 05:27:39 UTC
Hi all,
My beloved K2000 has died. That is, when I power on the screen backlight and floppy power up, but that's it. None of the red lights flash, the VAST screen never comes up, nada.

I've spent about a week with the board apart, going through schematics, mostly on the power supply and the reset/mute circuits. But no luck finding the problem.

I did a "123" hard reset, no response. Batteries are good. I went through and checked all the TP for the power supply and everything looks pretty good. I re calibrated the 5V digital to exactly 5.00V and still nothing.
I traced the RESET and it seems to be 0V, and the UNMUTE is pumping out a high voltage (12V as I recall).

Right now I'm stuck and out of ideas. Perhaps someone has seen/fixed a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

Otherwise, I'm in the market for a working K2000 or K2500 (61 keys...)

Peace.
Out.