[KL] Internal Tempo restart
wildhirtsing@yahoo.com [KurzList]
2017-07-17 21:31:17 UTC
I have been exploring options for weeks trying to find a work around, but unsuccessful. We don't have an external clock syncing up our midi devices, but we use a metronome and I'm having the hardest time trying to get the Kurzweil PC3K7 to play nicely with our tempo.

Is there some way to reset/restart the internal tempo... at any time. With a key, with a button? I have a set tempo, for each song and patch, but because the Kurzweil doesn't have a sync up or restart button it either slowly gets off and I can't get it back on, or it stays on the off beats as we play. Which is why Tap tempo isn't a workable fix... its too inspecific and still tries to push the tempo up or down... not actually restarting it on my cue.

A number of synthesiser patches use LSO and cycles based on the tempo, and pulse quite fast (quarter note) and I just need them to sync up periodically throughout a song...

Ideally it would be when I re-strike a chord, but I'm looking for any work around even if its a button pressed periodically, that doesn't change the tempo, but simply realigns a pre-set tempo.