[KL] Can anyone tell me what this error message means ?
neil_hester@yahoo.com [KurzList]
2017-10-18 15:36:12 UTC
Hi this is an error message that is showing on power up of my K2500x can anyone tell me what it means?

Here's a photo;
https://imgur.com/gallery/m8CZp

The back story is that I bought the keyboard because it had the piano and orchestra ROM's plus a KDFX board & Pram which I wanted to take out and put in my K2500R rack unit.
I've now done that and the rack is working great but I now get this message powering up the keyboard without those boards preset.
If I try to enter the bootloader by pressing exit when the "please wait" shows on the display nothing happens and I just get the error in the same way as if I hadn't tried to push any buttons.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer!
Neil
dan@theluthers.net [KurzList]
2017-10-19 08:56:04 UTC
Can you press the "Exit" button when the unit powers up and run through the diagnostic tests?

If you pulled the ROM and KDFX units out of the keyboard without reapplying the objects now absent, I could see issues...
dan@theluthers.net [KurzList]
2017-10-19 09:24:21 UTC
Okay, let me try that one more time...

If you could reinstall the boards you removed from the 2500X, then install the 3.02 OS update and 3.50 Base Objects, then you should be able to remove those boards.

The current OS (5.01) is specifically built for KDFX support and all the effects are using it instead of the built-in Digitech effects, and the setup objects are expecting the ROMs to be installed.

I suspect this is the heart of the problem...
Neil Hester nhester@gmail.com [KurzList]
2017-10-19 12:25:48 UTC
Thanks yes that's what I had resolved my self to having to do I just
wondered if anyone knew another way that didn't mean having to tear apart
my K2500 RS again.

But thanks anyway.