[KL] Re: K2000 - System Eprom not found.
'Dave Dillabough' daved@deepgreen.ca [KurzList]
2018-05-21 20:32:07 UTC
My recollection is that the setup ROMs need to match the installed
hardware. Perhaps someone removed option boards before you bought the
keyboard. I would get a set of setup ROMs that match what options you have
installed and go from there. Judging from the fact that you can run the
tests most of the computer aspect of the keyboard is working fine.
Dave and w_n_n, thank you for your help.
I took a picture of the results of the diagnostics test.
https://imgur.com/a/R5swuhN https://imgur.com/a/R5swuhN
Next, I'll try reseating the Setup EPROMS.
***@deepgreen.ca
winking_n_nodding@yahoo.com [KurzList]
2018-05-21 20:45:56 UTC
And then there is my camp, Retrofrolic. We are one of the few that welcome public from any group or sub group as long as they oJ bserve safe, sane and consensual conduct to our 2000 sq ft dungeon and play spJ
J7 selects eprom size of the setup eproms.

One jumper connection for 1 meg or 4 meg, the other for 2 meg.

You have version 1.3 setups. They were 1 meg.

The earliest production V 1.3 chips did not require any connection.

Then another manufactures chips we used and we had an error pop up. The fix was to place a jumper in JP7.

As I recall from 1993, it was Setups not found, but could have be system eproms not found.

Diagnostic show setup error, so check if jumper installed at J7. It should be the same as J1.